Monday, August 6, 2007

Truth, Bitter Truth

So it has been a hard past week. Really hard, I don't know what else to say other than that. I miss home a lot. More than I ever thought possible. I miss my parents really bad, my brothers and my friends. I wish that I could be there right now actually. I guess just adjusting has been hard for me here because it's not like I can just go somewhere. I really have to make sure that I have a plan because of the transportation.
I have also been sick for the past week so that hasn't been helping. Sleeping has been far and few between, but luckily it seems like I might be coming to an end. I am feeling a little bit better but not fully up to par.

Another thing that has been happening is that Derek and I have had two meetings with the one of the directors of the program about us dating. Apparently they don't have a problem with us but I some people have been feeling uncomfortable around us. Which my roomate Haylee says is ridiculous because she feels like we are completely approachable. She was saying that we never make her feel uncomfortable and that we are very considerate. It's so hard though because they make me feel like we are being attacked just for dating when two weeks ago they said it was totally fine. Its hard because I try to be so considerate of people and make sure that they don't feel uncomfortable but I guess you can't always please someone. So many people have different views and its not like I will be able to please every person that believes something different. It has been really hard because of that, I don't really know what they want us to do because even my hostmum is always like you and Derek are so considerate.

On a better note, I had an good weekend. On Thursday we went to the beach, Manly beach, it was gorgeous. It was nice to just relax for a day. Then on Friday we went to the New South Wales Library and the Art Gallery of NSW. It was so nice there, I loved all of the artwork. It was fun to look at all of the Australian artwork and see how it was different from other kind of art.

On Saturday I went to my service project, I work with IMPACT kids and its a Saturday program for Aboriginal children in the community, lets just say that there was only one word for it: CHAOS, complete and utter chaos. I was so tired after that morning. I got to read that afternoon though and just relax...then Haylee, Stacy, Derek and I all went to the BBQ at the Townsends. It was alot of fun and the food was so good =] Sunday we went to this Anglican Church in Manly. It was really nice but not one that I would go to all the time. We have to try out 4 different types of churches while were here: Anglican, Catholic, Uniting and Pentecostal.

Australian Idol started last night! It was so much fun and a lot like American Idol but I thought they had better singer/songwriters. They let them take a guitar in the Audition. I'll let you know who my favorite is soon.

peace
Krystin

ps. I will post some pictures on soon, I have to go do some homework now...
pss. Please pray for the situation with everyone here and Derek and I. Thanks in advance...
psss. Oh if you ever want to leave comments click on the link below, I would love to hear who is reading this! =]

No comments: