Monday, July 30, 2007

From the Edge...

I had two of my classes today...

The View from Australia which was surrisingly interesting and I didn't mind being in for 3 hours. Keith Suter talked to us today about the geography of Australia. I really enjoyed it because I was worried that it was going to be what I had just read in the book, "In a Sunburned Country." But it was refreshing to hear a little about history and a geography that I had never heard about before.

Then I had Photography which was good but not as amazing as last week, we just did all the technical stuff this week. Next week were actually getting some photo shoots in class. So I'm excited about that. We get to go on these excursions on 3 saturdays, so that we can do some photo shoots on location. I can't wait for those.

Then I just went home and hung out there, it was nice to relax for an evening and just get some stuff done. It was kind of a so-so day today. I just had a lot of fun socializing at lunchtime with some ASCers and the Australians. The student body president told me today that she wants to take a bunch of the ASCers out and show us the city. She said it was going to be a surprise though, so I don't know when were going though...She is so lovely I really like her =]

I finally got to call my dad tonight. It was hard because I miss home so much, I wouldn't have thought I would because I have been kind of trying to think about this trip as if I was a freshman again. You know I can't go home until Thanksgiving, but its almost harder because I can't really call as much and I know that I can't go home if I need to. I really miss my parents. It's been fun while I have been here, but I miss them a whole lot and it was so good to talk to my dad tonight. I really needed it. =]

Tomorrow night we have our first movie night at Kimberlys apartment (our director for the ASC program). I think it should be really fun. I can't wait to spend some time just hanging out with everyone...

Ok well I guess I should go to bed....

peace
Krystin

No comments: