Thursday, July 26, 2007

On the Run.....

Ok this is going to be short and sweet because it's already 12:30 here and I need to head to bed because were waking up at 6am tomorrow to go to SPIRO Camp, from thursday to friday. It's spiritual emphasis camp that the Wesley Institute sponsors and the whole school goes. I think it should be interesting and I have heard good things about it. Plus were going to have one on one time with the Australians and get to know more of them =]

Well today, wednesday, was interesting. I went to meet derek at the concord house and then we went to the mall. We got a phone while were here because it was going to end up being cheaper than calling eachother to meet up on the landlines. Everything is so expensive here. I guess I just really didn't believe it when everyone told me how expensive it was.

Then we had "the gathering" which is there type of chapel. It was really interesting, I liked to see how different there chapel was from ours back in the states. I guess to could say they were more charasmatic and parts of it seemed like a concert. But the part that didn't make it seem like it was a concert was that they were so into it. You could really tell that they meant everything that they were singing, the australians have such an energetic feel to them. It's hard not to catch on.

I had my only class of the day which was arts and culture. It was really interesting, we have two papers, along with all of my other ones. I think I want to get some of them out of the way soon because I am feeling really overwhelmed with all the work. Especially in my ASC class, they gave us the most work out of all of them.

After class we came back to eat with Gail (my host mum) and then we (the housemates) were off again. We had to walk to the bus station because we missed our bus (We always seem to miss that bus) it took us about 30 min to walk. Then we met Derek and Kory at the Quay and took a ferry over to Manly to meet some of the ASCers for Beckas birthday. We went to the beach and just hung out there. It wasn't that cold so it was nice....

Well I have to get some sleep, I will update you on how SPIRO camp was when I get back on Friday!

peace
Krystin

No comments: