Monday, October 15, 2007

I have 5 weeks left....what?

Here is a post from an email update I sent out earlier this morning:

Ok so it occured to me the other day while sitting at my favorite beach in all of Sydney that I only have 5 weeks left in this wonderful place that I have only begun to truly call home. When I first left the states, I thought to myself that 4 months would be more than enough time to see all that Australia holds for me. But now 3 months into it, I can't believe that I only have a month left to do all the things that I want to get done before I leave. This next month is going to be packed full of everything that I want to get done before I leave, along with all the school work I need to get done, which is quickly piling up. I have two more big trips before I head back to the states...a bunch of friends and I are planning on going to the Whitsunday Islands/Great Barrier Reef a week before our last school based trip to New Zealand. I cannot wait for that because I will officially have no more school work by that time. This next month is going to be hectic but I know that I'm going to love it because I want to pack in every last bit of this place before I head home to the states. And while I am so ready to slip back into the normalcy of home and eat the foods I miss like there is no tomorrow I don't know how I am going to be able to leave this place that is so near and dear to my heart now. Even though I am making lists of things that I want to do when I get home, like hugging my parents so hard when I get off that plane, drive my car instead of sitting on a bus for an hour, eating NY pizza and bagels as soon as I get home, I cannot help but wonder what I am going to do when I have to leave this place. I cannot even imagine leaving my hostmum because I know I am going to miss the way that she sings the latest pop songs while making dinner, my flatmates and the way that we make eachother laugh like there is no tomorrow, being able to hop on a train and see where it takes us. And these are only some of the things that make me so sad to have to leave this place in 5 weeks. I am emotionally exhausted, physically tired, but so happy. It is going to be bittersweet to leave this place that I love. Because while I am so sad to leave Australia, I am so happy that in 5 weeks, I will be home spending Thanksgiving with my Family. Love and miss you all, Enjoy the fall weather for me!

xoxo
Krystin

ps. I will update this blog when the craziness of writing papers has settled down, which will end tomorrow afternoon, thank goodness...

No comments: