Thursday, September 6, 2007

Were heading Out Back....

This past week has been so crazy...I have had to write heaps of papers, get a fly net, and do so many other things. How you going? (thats how they say how are you doing here in Auz....it always throws me off guard).

A thought that I have had in the past week is that th teachers here are so AMAZING! They are so laid back and they really want to know what you have to say. Yesterday the teacher for my Arts and Culture class, Grenville Kent, surprised me in so many ways. First of all he had been away for the whole first 4 weeks of the class and another 3rd year theology student was teaching us. He was really great too. So on to my story, first of all he is so interested in what the students wanted to say which is so interesting to me because teachers back in the states are always right back to the point...The second thing is that two students were lauging in class and Grenville looked over and asked them what they were lauging about (at this point I thought he was going to yell at them) and they pointed to another student who at that time was out cold sleeping, and I mean head lolling to the side sleeping. (I then proceeded to get tense waiting for him to freak out...) But he proceeded to wait as the student was woken up and looked around and proceeded to apologize profusely. Grenville then smiled and said that he had a story for us, because that was nothing compared to how he did that one time. He then proceeded to tell a story about how when one of his children were really sick one night and he had been up till all hours of the night. He went in to give the lecture and had fallen asleep during the lecture! It was so funny because the whole time I thought he was going to yell and then he was completely understanding about it. It still amazes me when teachers here are like that =]

A quick note, derek and I found a Mexican restaurant in Manly Beach that is so good! We were so happy when we found it, we have been there twice already! I love Mexican Food!

These past couple weeks here in Asutralia have been absolutly AMAZING! and I don't know what has changed but everything has been so great! besides doing all of the work that we have to do for our classes. If I didn't have to take classes while I was here I would have to say that would make it so much better! I have been really connecting with so many people that are on this trip. I have had 3 coffee dates this week already...and I am so excited for this weekend because were heading to the Outback. Candobalin, Australia is where were going which is about 7-8 hours west of here. I am actually looking forward to the bus ride because were going to watch Finding Nemo and Crocodile Dundee! and I am also going to be able to talk with a lot more of the ASC students and get to know them better which makes me happy!

My birthday is in 9 days and I am so happy! I cannot wait to turn 20!

Well I will post when I get back from the Outback!

love, Krystin

No comments: